[strongSwan] Multiple protected networks

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Tue Aug 10 04:09:31 CEST 2010

Hello Stuart,

this is no problem for strongSwan. With IKEv2 you just enumerate
the networks in the remote traffic selector:

  rightsubnet=<net1>,<net2>,...,<net11>

so that only a single CHILD_SA must be established. With the old
IKEv1 protocol, 11 connection definitions are needed which result
in one ISAKMP_SA and 11 IPsec_SAs to be negotiated.

Best regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)