[strongSwan] Query on Child SA Creation

shyamsundar.purkayastha at wipro.com shyamsundar.purkayastha at wipro.com
Wed Apr 21 07:18:13 CEST 2010

Hi

I have a query on Child SA creation.

I have a ipsec.conf configuration which has two very similar
configurations listed .The only difference between them is the protocol
(leftprotoport).

Here is my ipsec.conf entry with the two configurations

conn 211TO60Tunnel

    left=10.201.114.211

    leftcert=peerCert.der

    right=10.201.114.178

    rightid="C=CH, O=strongSwan, CN=178"

    keyexchange=ikev2

    type=tunnel

    auto=add

    auth=ah

    leftprotoport=udp

conn 211TO60TunnelICMP

    left=10.201.114.211

    leftcert=peerCert.der

    right=10.201.114.178

    rightid="C=CH, O=strongSwan, CN=178"

    keyexchange=ikev2

    type=tunnel

    auto=add

    auth=ah

    leftprotoport=icmp

When I do a ipsec start , I see that the "211TO60TunnelICMP"
configuration is added as a child of "211TO60Tunnel" . But I actually
wanted this as a separate SA which can be enabled disabled separately.

How can I achieve this in srongswan 4.3 ?

And just wanted to know what is the criteria for deciding that a config
should be a child of another one ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Shyam