[strongSwan] strongSwan configuration on Ubuntu(Karmic).-- No /etc/ipsec.conf , ipsec.secrets present.

Aaron Zhang azhang at SonicWALL.com
Mon Apr 12 12:22:18 CEST 2010

The config file may locate at  /usr/local/etc. It depend on how you edit the configure file when you build strongswan by source code.

--Aaron

From: users-bounces+bzhang=sonicwall.com at lists.strongswan.org [mailto:users-bounces+bzhang=sonicwall.com at lists.strongswan.org] On Behalf Of pankaj gupta
Sent: 2010年4月12日 17:41
To: users at lists.strongswan.org
Subject: [strongSwan] strongSwan configuration on Ubuntu(Karmic).-- No /etc/ipsec.conf , ipsec.secrets present.

Hi Community,
I recently plunged into IPsec world and am overwhelmed by the richness of IPsec particularly strongSwan.

I am trying to configure strongSwan on Ubuntu(Karmic).
I installed strongSwan packages(strongSwan, its Network Manager module and few other packages starting with strongSwan) from synaptic package manager.
But I could not find ipsec.conf, ipsec.secrets files on the file system.

I had installed strongSwan on FC9 also, but that was through source building and all configuration files were there in case of FC9.

I am confused ..do I need to create these files by myself on Ubuntu?
Or I need to build strongSwan through source(if it helps)?
Or there is some problem if these files are not there by default?

I have invested enough time searching and configuring things of different OS, please help me if anyone have some idea.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Pankaj Gupta