[strongSwan-dev] Android strongswan intents

N B njbuwm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 14:32:34 CET 2021

Hello,

My team is trying to tie into some Strongswan intents in Android in order
to do some auto-configuration / connecting / disconnecting from outside of
the strongswan application.

>From this webpage:
https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/androidvpnclient

We thought we could watch for intents with the action
*org.strongswan.android.action.START_PROFILE
*in order to receive the vpn profile id in order to send that with
connect/disconnect intents later on.

We are however not receiving that intent when strongswan is connecting to a
profile. Should we be able to? Is this sent out via broadcast or local
intent that outside apps should have access to?

Is there a way to query strongswan for the vpn profile id and / or
connection status?

Thank you for your time,

Nick