[strongSwan-dev] Support for EAP-AKA with EAP-5G signalling (Vendor specific EAP method, Expanded EAP type)

Ram Krishna Poricha ramporicha.iitb at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 20:20:37 CET 2020

Dear All,

My name is Ram Krishna Poricha and I am a masters student (Communication
Engineering) at IIT Bombay.
I am currently working on implementing an IPSec tunnel between 5G-UE and
N3IWF (Non 3GPP Interworking Function).
As per *3GPP TS 33.501, *we need to implement a vendor specific EAP method
called "EAP-5G", utilizing the "Expanded" type.
I have read and found that StrongSwan supports both vendor specific EAP
method and Expanded EAP type.

However, I couldn't find any code/plugins which implements vendor specific
EAP utilizing Expanded EAP type for my reference .
Can someone please point me in the right direction?
I am a newbie to StrongSwan, although I have some understanding of plugins
and EAP-AKA implementation in StrongSwan.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ram Poricha