[strongSwan-dev] inactivity check querying policy versus SAD

Sach K sacho.polo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 08:34:01 CEST 2019

Hi,

I am using strongswan 5.1.2 and I noticed that the usetime for inactivity
check is done using policy and not the SA.  The SA is queried less
frequently than the policy. Is there a reason why policy is done over SA? I
wanted to log the bytes and pkts received as part of the task for checking
for inactivity, but querying policy does not return bytes and pkts. I was
wondering if there is any harm in changing the call to query for SA usage,
which seems to return bytes and pkts received.

regards,
sk