[strongSwan-dev] 5.6.3 regression: dhcp integration appears to be broken

Harald Dunkel harald.dunkel at aixigo.de
Tue Jun 5 17:29:13 CEST 2018

Hi Tobias,

On 6/5/18 4:39 PM, Tobias Brunner wrote:
> Hi Harri,
>
>> According to the logfile its not loaded
>
> What does it say exactly?  Is an error logged when it tries to load it?
>
>> "cfg = 4" doesn't tell. ???
>
> Parts of the plugin loading process is logged in "lib", and some errors
> in the dhcp plugin in "net", others in "cfg".

I was too blind to see. Here it is:

:
Jun  5 17:00:29 00[LIB] loading feature XAUTH_SERVER:eap in plugin 'xauth-eap'                                                                                                                                                                                                                 |
Jun  5 17:00:29 00[LIB] loading feature XAUTH_SERVER:pam in plugin 'xauth-pam'                                                                                                                                                                                                                 |
Jun  5 17:00:29 00[LIB] loading feature CUSTOM:dhcp in plugin 'dhcp'                                                                                                                                                                                                                           |
Jun  5 17:00:29 00[CFG] unable to bind DHCP send socket: Address already in use                                                                                                                                                                                                                |
Jun  5 17:00:29 00[LIB] feature CUSTOM:dhcp in plugin 'dhcp' failed to load                                                                                                                                                                                                                    |
Jun  5 17:00:29 00[LIB] loading feature CUSTOM:ha in plugin 'ha'                                                                                                                                                                                                                               |
Jun  5 17:00:29 00[CFG] HA config misses local/remote address                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  |
Jun  5 17:00:29 00[LIB] feature CUSTOM:ha in plugin 'ha' failed to load                                                                                                                                                                                                                        |
Jun  5 17:00:29 00[LIB] loading feature CUSTOM:lookip in plugin 'lookip'                                                                                                                                                                                                                       |
Jun  5 17:00:29 00[LIB] loading feature CUSTOM:error-notify in plugin 'error-notify'                                                                                                                                                                                                           |
Jun  5 17:00:29 00[LIB] loading feature CUSTOM:certexpire in plugin 'certexpire'                                                                                                                                                                                                               |
Jun  5 17:00:29 00[LIB] loading feature CUSTOM:led in plugin 'led'                                                                                                                                                                                                                             |
Jun  5 17:00:29 00[LIB] loading feature CUSTOM:addrblock in plugin 'addrblock'                                                                                                                                                                                                                 |
Jun  5 17:00:29 00[LIB] loading feature CUSTOM:unity in plugin 'unity'                                                                                                                                                                                                                         |
Jun  5 17:00:29 00[LIB] unloading plugin 'dhcp' without loaded features                                                                                                                                                                                                                        |
Jun  5 17:00:29 00[LIB] unloading plugin 'ha' without loaded features                                                                                                                                                                                                                          |
Jun  5 17:00:29 00[LIB] loaded plugins: charon test-vectors ldap pkcs11 tpm aesni aes rc2 sha2 sha1 md5 mgf1 rdrand random nonce x509 revocation constraints pubkey pkcs1 pkcs7 pkcs8 pkcs12 pgp dnskey sshkey pem openssl gcrypt af-alg fips-prf gmp curve25519 agent xcbc cmac hmac ctr ccm $|
Jun  5 17:00:29 00[LIB] unable to load 15 plugin features (13 due to unmet dependencies)                                                                                                                                                                                                       |
Jun  5 17:00:29 00[LIB] dropped capabilities, running as uid 0, gid 0                                                                                                                                                                                                                          |
Jun  5 17:00:29 01[LIB] created thread 01 [5669]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               |
Jun  5 17:00:29 03[LIB] created thread 03 [5670]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               |
Jun  5 17:00:29 02[LIB] created thread 02 [5668]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               |
:

I have to run strongswan and dnsmasq (providing the address pool and DNS
to the peers) on the same hardware. Apparently there is a conflict with
the local dnsmasq now. I just wonder why it didn't show for 5.6.2 ?
Shouldn't the dhcp plugin bind to a random socket to access 67/udp provided
by dnsmasq?

Regards
Harri