[strongSwan-dev] stack sends wrong response for retransmitted request

siddesh r siddu049 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 08:50:32 CEST 2018

Hi,

Seeing the below behaviour in strognswan:
Strongswan code is used for ePDG model,UE is sending IKE_AUTH request to
ePDG, gateway receives it but even before sending out IKE_AUTH response for
this request, it is receiving one more IKE_AUTH(retrnsmitted) request from
UE and strongswan stack is sending out IKE_SA_INIT response to this request.

I feel, when Gateway receives retransmitted request before even reponse is
prepared for that request, it should drop it. If response is prepared then,
that should be sent out.

Please let me know whether it's bug or not.

Thanks,
Siddesh