[strongSwan-dev] 5.6.2 regression? dns attributes are lost

Harald Dunkel harald.dunkel at aixigo.de
Wed Feb 21 09:23:47 CET 2018

Hi folks,

using the new strongswan 5.6.2 (on Stretch) together with the
old network-manager-strongswan 1.4.2 the nameserver entries
in /etc/resolv.conf are broken. They contain some fantasy IP
addresses, AFAICS. The domain search list is OK.

On the peer I am using Strongswan 5.6.1, esp. the attr plugin:

attr {
     # <attr> is an attribute name or an integer, values can be an IP address,
     # subnet or arbitrary value.
     # <attr> =
     dns = 10.0.96.124
     dns1 = 10.0.96.123
     dns2 = 10.0.96.124
     nbns = 10.0.98.253
     28674 = ac.example.de vs.example.de ws.example.de example.de
     28675 = ac.example.de vs.example.de ws.example.de example.de

     # Whether to load the plugin. Can also be an integer to increase the
     # priority of this plugin.
     load = yes
}

Do I have to upgrade n-m-s to version 1.4.3 for Strongswan 5.6.2?

Regards
Harri