[strongSwan-dev] Need solution for strongSwan VPN Tunnel specific CA in the configuration for the Authentication

Kalpesh Panchal kalpesh.panchal at rockwellcollins.com
Thu Nov 2 19:21:45 CET 2017

Hi All,

We are using multiple VPN tunnels on the same system. All CAs for Tunnel A
& B are in */etc/ipsec.d/cacerts/*

For that
*How can we provide the Tunnel specific CA list in configuration for the
Authentication ?*
*means*
*Tunnel A must be established only if received client certificate is signed
by any CA of Tunnel A *
*and  *
*Tunnel B must be established only if received client certificate is signed
by any CA of Tunnel B.*

Here we can not use *rightca *option as we may have up to 20 different CAs
for each Tunnel.

Currently we are facing below issue:

*Tunnel A is established even if received client certificate is signed by
any CA of Tunnel B. And vice versa.*

Let me know if anything required from my side.

Appreciating the quick response in advance.

Thanks,
Kalpesh Panchal