[strongSwan-dev] can strongswan monitor multiple interfaces for sending IKE packets out

Ravi Kanth Vanapalli vvnrk.vanapalli at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 14:00:12 CET 2016

I am having multiple interfaces on my device.All with active internet
connection. We have the possibility of using source routing to route the
packets over any interface. Default route is also present

In this context I have two questions.
1)  When routing packets towards the ipsec gateway, how does strongswan
determine which interface to use as outgoing interface.
2) Is there an option to specify that strongswan use a particular interface
for sending out the IKE packets  ?
3) Is there an option for strongswan to monitor multiple interfaces and use
a prefered interface for routing IKE packets out.

Thank you for your input.
RaviKanth VN Vanapalli