[strongSwan-dev] Aggressive mode

Srinivasa Goda sngoda at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 6 23:40:26 CEST 2015

Hi,
I'm trying to setup a IPSEC tunnel using aggressive mode. The initiator end point complaining that HASH_R is not right. It is saying the protocol and port fields are set to '0' (Zero) when HASH_R is calculated. The responder endpoint is using strongSwan. When strongSwan send its response, the initiator is complaining that protocol and port fields are set to ZERO in HASH_R calculation.
Same responder endpoint using strongSwan, is ok when tested with shrewsoft VPN Client. I could setup IPSEC tunnel using aggressive mode.
Any clues? Are there any know issues with aggressive mode? (Since it is rarely used)
Thanks,Srini