[strongSwan-dev] Adding support for subnets in transport mode (Feature #196)

Daniel Palomares palomaresdaniel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 18:38:05 CEST 2015

Thanks for your responses,

I still have one question which is not very clear in my mind.

Does this patch allows Subnet-to-Subnet Transport Mode or Does it allows
Host-to-Subnet Transport Mode?

The scenario I want to test is the Following:

Subnet A  ------    Strongswan GW ---------------  WAN Netwroking
---------------- Strongswan GW ---------------  Subnet B.

In this particular use case, is it possible to create a single Transport
Mode IKEv2/IPsec session between both Strongswan's Gateways so both subnets
can communicate securely?

Is there going to be a single IKEv2 session with several IPsec_SAs
concerning every single host within subnets?
If several IPsec_SA are created then I guess there will be a lot a keys
negotiatied to secure communications among all host within the subnets.

Sorry, I probably had to ask this question on the other Mailing-List ;)

Thanks a lot,

Daniel Palomares