[strongSwan-dev] Charon support for multiple connection objects?

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Wed Jan 28 11:27:42 CET 2015

Hi Vishal,

IPsec intrinsically does not allow dynamic load sharing because the
route for  the encapsulated payload traffic must me unique. There is
a possibility though to set up three host-to-host IPsec tunnels between
A and B over three distinct network interfaces: A1 == B1, A2 == B2, and
A3 == B3 and then run the GRE protocol over each of the three tunnels.
You can then run OSPF over GRE to do dynamic load balancing for the
payload traffic originating from a network behind A to a network behind
B.

Best regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org