[strongSwan-dev] role of libhydra in strongswan android apk source code ?

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Mon Jan 5 14:29:13 CET 2015

Hi Ravikanth,

> As I understand, strongswan uses libipsec library for SA ,management ,
> encryption and decryption.
>
> What is the need to include libhydra in the Android.mk file

It provides the kernel-netlink plugin which is used to e.g. enumerate
interfaces and IP addresses.  libhydra currently also provides some
essential building blocks for the charon daemon (e.g. the attribute
handling framework).  These elements were previously shared with the old
IKEv1 daemon pluto, which is why they are located in a separate library.
 In the next release some of it will be moved to libcharon though.

Regards,
Tobias