[strongSwan-dev] Help needed on Dead peer detection

bhashkar prakash singh singh.bhashkar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 05:14:05 CET 2015

Hi Tobias,

Thank you very much for your reply. I verified DPD with IKEV1 connection
and Dead peer is detected within 135 to 140 seconds. So, it's working fine

One more point, is DPD sent periodically to enquire if peer is dead or only
when there is no inbound traffic for 'dpddelay' seconds ?

I am a beginner in IPSecurity, not much idea abut strongswan. Is there any
Doc/guide to better understand strongswan code.

Thanks,
Bhashkar