[strongSwan-dev] VICI Python Initiate Connection

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Tue Dec 1 09:20:53 CET 2015

Hi,

> 1. Why is it, if I remove "ret.next()" the connection will not
> initiate? Reading the doc, it seems that the generator should only
> return the logs.

The log events get streamed over the socket, so you'll have to consume
them. Alternatively you may omit control-log registration, but that
requires the use of lower level functions.

If complete asynchronous initiation is what you want, have a look at the
patch at [1] that is queued for mainline. It accepts negative values for
the timeout, and returns immediately after triggering initiation.

> 2. "timeout" according to the documentation should be in seconds but
> charon see's it as milliseconds is this a typo or a bug?

It is a documentation issue, will fix.