[strongSwan-dev] HA resync issue

Emeric POUPON emeric.poupon at stormshield.eu
Mon Sep 22 11:00:45 CEST 2014

Hello,

For a testing purpose I've replaced the ha_socket.c implementation by a corosync implementation (using the cpg library, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corosync_%28project%29 for more information, and send/recv queues)
So far, it seems to solve all the issues I got (tested on a 7K tunnels configuration, with resync) but of course it will need a lot more testing.

The big advantage of corosync is that it can multicast messages to several nodes: it is not limited to a single remote node.

The problem is that I am not sure about the reorganization of the HA plugin to properly handle this.
Maybe we would have to remove the ha_socket direct references and introduce a new communication layer?

Regards,

Emeric