[strongSwan-dev] IKE_AUTH with IDi and IDr

Peter Hsiang phsiang at nvidia.com
Tue Sep 2 23:54:49 CEST 2014

Hi Martin,

Thank you and also Thomas for the responses.
Ok I see in log [1] that there is IDr when right_id is given.  Thanks

Reading the build_i, it does not look like the IDr currently include the APN in the IDr.  Is this correct?

I want to have a stroke message containing the APN text string and somehow get it to build_i where it constructs the IKE_AUTH packet.  Is this possible in the current plugin architecture?

Is RFC5996 chapter 3.5 where it defines the packet format of IDr?
In the current implementation, what strongswan configuration parameter corresponds to what gets placed into the IDr?
I suppose it's different from the right_id because the right_id is usually a URL ending with a ".org", while the APN is a plain text string name.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Peter