[strongSwan-dev] StrongSwan with Radius

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Fri Nov 7 08:45:11 CET 2014

Hi,

> Cisco ASA has a configuration where we can use a common password to
> authenticate all the users.  This setting is done by using
> "radius-common-pw".

Can you specify in more detail what this "radius-common-pw" does? Is
this a RADIUS, an XAuth, an EAP or an IKE PSK secret?

> Does StrongSwan has a similar configuration where we use a common password
> to authenticate all the users thru Radius?

If you want to authenticate over RADIUS, probably you should configure
secrets on the AAA backend. If you want to authenticate users with a
single secret configured in strongSwan, you should probably use
ipsec.secrets with an entry matching to all clients.