[strongSwan-dev] Contributing a plugin

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Tue Jul 15 14:03:45 CEST 2014

> I have written an external authorization plugin that provides
> functionality similar to that of OpenVPN (it calls a user defined script
> to provide final authorization). How could I submit it?

We prefer a patchset that we can apply, integrating the plugin into the
strongSwan build system. You may either push your changes to a forked
Github repo [1], or submit patches by e-mail.

For non-trivial changes touching the daemon/library core, the code must
be MIT licensed, see [2]. For stand-alone plugins, these may either be
MIT or GPLv2 licensed.

[1]https://github.com/strongswan/strongswan
[2]https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/Contributions