[strongSwan-dev] Charon vendor ID patches

C.J. Adams-Collier KF7BMP cjac at colliertech.org
Thu Jan 9 00:45:06 CET 2014

Hello folks,

I've been digging through our charon servers' logs this week and have
seen a number of messages regarding unknown vendor IDs.  It would be
easier for our network engineering team to troubleshoot if we received
more descriptive log entries in the future.

With that goal in mind, I've forked the repository on github and made
some changes.  I would like to run the changes through a test suite if
there exists one.

Martin, can you review these changes to
src/libcharon/sa/ikev2/tasks/ike_vendor.c and help me get them
exercised?

https://github.com/cjac/strongswan/commit/cf94db6d9a1d1caf6a6721651545006315febb4e
https://github.com/cjac/strongswan/commit/cb34f7aa2dcc8ba3bba15b71fe3fb85e39676335
https://github.com/cjac/strongswan/commit/c10515953c3dce339855d6c6e1eec8186f9469a5
https://github.com/cjac/strongswan/commit/873faac58cf47d4c8d0547f8373dab2992ebe9df

It looks like I at least need to figure out why the whitespace is
getting altered.

Thanks in advance,

C.J.