[strongSwan-dev] Issues trying DMVPN

Zachery Stoddard zacherystoddard at gmail.com
Mon May 6 17:46:20 CEST 2013

I have an IKEv1 transport mode SA between Strongswan (Linux) and a Cisco
router.

I'm sending multipoint GRE packets (GRE with the destination address pulled
from the original packet) between the routers.  I'm also trying to get
multicast working over this mGRE tunnel.

Strongswan is successfully encapsulating mGRE packets with unicast
destination addresses, but is not encapsulating mGRE packets with multicast
destinations and is instead letting them through to the underlying
interface.

Is this a configuration issue?
Is this a kernel issue?
Is this a Strongswan issue?