[strongSwan-dev] IPSEC counters

sima hooshyar sima.hooshyar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 10:24:16 CEST 2013

Hi Strong Swan:)

I am a new to SS and have a question regarding the counters.
I could find the IKE counters in stroke_counter.h in libcharon.

enum stroke_counter_type_t {
        /** initiated IKE_SA rekeyings */
        COUNTER_INIT_IKE_SA_REKEY,
        /** responded IKE_SA rekeyings */
        COUNTER_RESP_IKE_SA_REKEY,
        /** completed CHILD_SA rekeyings */
        COUNTER_CHILD_SA_REKEY,
        /** messages with invalid types, length, or a value out of range */
        COUNTER_IN_INVALID,
        /** messages with an invalid IKE SPI */
        COUNTER_IN_INVALID_IKE_SPI,

But I am wondering where I can find IPSEC tunnel related counters. Such as
OutDiscNoSa, the number of outgoing packets that are discarded because SA
is not present, or InPkts, the number of incoming packets for a particular
tunnel.

--
Best regards
Sima Hooshyar