[strongSwan-dev] How to read source code of strongswan?

nanjian5 nanjian5 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 14:18:20 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Recently I try to read the source code of strongswan and found it difficual
to understand because using "an object oriented programming style for C":

How to find the data flow in the source code?

For example, I want to see how charon process an ike request message but I
just find socket_t receive an message and put it to a structure named
packet_t. Then I cannot find anywhere to parse the message.

How to find the relationship between functions? How to find what functions
call a specific function?

 I have read documents in thedevelopment wiki and  try several tools ,e.g.
 source insight, Virtual Studio 2008,etc. But I can not figure out.

Can some give me some advices?

regards,
nanjian5