[strongSwan-dev] Importing conf files into the Android app

Vallevand, Mark K Mark.Vallevand at UNISYS.com
Mon Sep 10 17:29:32 CEST 2012

Correct.  Intents are used to interact with OpenVPN and Cisco AnyConnect.

Regards.
Mark K Vallevand   Mark.Vallevand at Unisys.com
Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana. - Groucho

-----Original Message-----
From: Tobias Brunner [mailto:tobias at strongswan.org]
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 10:14 AM
To: Vallevand, Mark K
Cc: dev at lists.strongswan.org
Subject: Re: [strongSwan-dev] Importing conf files into the Android app

Hi Mark,

> Here is a simplified description.
> - Our app contacts our configuration manager out-of-band.  Https, perhaps.
> - Authentication occurs.
> - Credentials and parameters are downloaded by our app.
> - Credentials and parameters are pushed into the VPN app as connection-n by our app.
> - Our app launches VPN connection-n.

Ok, so I suppose an Intent based interaction might work too (instead of
a config file).  For instance one Intent to add a connection and one
Intent to start a connection with a given name (or an Intent which does
both, and does not even permanently store the connection data in the VPN
app).  This could be done as sponsored development for your company if
you are interested.  You can also do the development yourself, of
course, and then contribute the changes back so we can integrate them in
the app.

> I have this working with OpenVPN.

How do you interact with that app?  Intents?

Regards,
Tobias