[strongSwan-dev] Importing conf files into the Android app

Vallevand, Mark K Mark.Vallevand at UNISYS.com
Mon Sep 10 16:51:05 CEST 2012

Here is a simplified description.
- Our app contacts our configuration manager out-of-band.  Https, perhaps.
- Authentication occurs.
- Credentials and parameters are downloaded by our app.
- Credentials and parameters are pushed into the VPN app as connection-n by our app.
- Our app launches VPN connection-n.

The credentials and parameters may change often, perhaps every authentication attempt.
There may be multiple connections to be managed.
We are targeting Android 4.0.3 or later.

I have this working with OpenVPN.  I think can make something work with Cisco AnyConnect, but there are issues on the server that colleagues are investigating.  Progress is slow.

Regards.
Mark K Vallevand   Mark.Vallevand at Unisys.com
Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana. - Groucho