[strongSwan-dev] Importing conf files into the Android app

Vallevand, Mark K Mark.Vallevand at UNISYS.com
Mon Sep 10 16:09:24 CEST 2012

Too bad.  We would really like to automate configuration of the Android app.

Regards.
Mark K Vallevand   Mark.Vallevand at Unisys.com
Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana. - Groucho

-----Original Message-----
From: Tobias Brunner [mailto:tobias at strongswan.org]
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 3:46 AM
To: Vallevand, Mark K
Cc: dev at lists.strongswan.org
Subject: Re: [strongSwan-dev] Importing conf files into the Android app

Hi Mark,

> Looking at the Android app code, I don’t see anything for importing
> a conf file.
>
> Is it reasonable to consider importing conf files into the Android
> app?

Currently not. The ipsec.conf file is read by the starter process and
the config is then transferred via the stroke interface to the charon
keying daemon.  Neither starter nor the stroke plugin are available in
the Android App.  Also, the whole file based configuration for
credentials (secrets, certificates) would not be usable without quite
some refactoring.  If you need ipsec.conf-based configuration on
Android, you'd have to build strongSwan within the Android source tree
[1].  But this will only work for rooted devices.

Regards,
Tobias

[1] http://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/Android