[strongSwan-dev] Error starting ipsec after installation

Daniel Mérida dmerida at lcc.uma.es
Thu Nov 22 11:40:33 CET 2012

Hi to all:

I am new in StrongSwan
I have compiled StrongSwan for an Slitaz distribution.
I have made all the steps in the installation guide and I have obtained
no error in "make" and "sudo make install" commands.
When I first entered the command "ipsec start", I got the following error:

     Starting strongSwan 5.0.1 IPsec [starter]...
     modprobe: module esp4 not found
     modprobe: falied to load module ah4: No such file or directory
     modprobe: module ipcomp not found
     modprobe: falied to load module ipcomp: No such file or directory
     modprobe: module xfrm4_tunnel not found
     modprobe: falied to load module xfrm4_tunnel: No such file or directory
     modprobe: module xfrm4_user not found
     modprobe: falied to load module xfrm4_user: No such file or directory

Anybody knows how I can fix it?

Regards and thanks in advance,
Dani