[strongSwan-dev] NIST 800-131a

Dale H Anderson dalea at us.ibm.com
Mon Nov 5 15:13:08 CET 2012

Hello,

I have been asked by my company to determine what, if anything, effects
the NIST 800-131a specification has on the strongSwan software. I looked
on the strongSwan website, but was unable to find anything specific on the
topic, but I did find that the crypto back end is based on libgcrypt.
Assuming my Linux version has the right level of libgcrypt, does this mean
that just by specifying the required encryption algorithms with the
appropriate key lengths for connections, my system (currently 4.6.1) will
be compliant with the NIST standard? Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Dale

Dale H. Anderson