[strongSwan-dev] manual manipulation the IPsec SA/SP database

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Tue May 29 17:08:54 CEST 2012

Hello,

with strongSwan you are not supposed to manipulate the SAD/SPD
with an external command line tool as "setkey" or
"ip xfrm state/policy add" because the IKEv1/IKEv2 daemons will
not become aware of any external SAD/SPD changes. All changes
must be communicated through the strongSwan daemon interfaces.

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)