[strongSwan-dev] support for {left,right}allowany in charon?

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Wed May 9 18:02:23 CEST 2012

Hi Mirko,

Thanks for the detailed report.

> It looks like charon does not use the updated IP address for path checking,
> nor does it resolve the peer's name again, which would also have provided the
> updated address.
>
> What's happening here, and what could be done about it?

This is an unfortunate side-effect of my attempts to store all the known
addresses of a peer in a single list.  The peer's current address (as
known to the IKE_SA) is stored in that list when it is updated.  But
when this happens during a MOBIKE exchange caused by an address change
of the responder the address cached on the IKE_SA is still the old one
(it is updated only a few lines later).

Please try the attached patch (should apply to 4.6.3) which uses the
source address of the current message instead of the cached address on
the IKE_SA.

Regards,
Tobias