[strongSwan-dev] strongswan 4.6.2: charon unstable/crashes when establishing a lot of connections

Munish Dayal munish.dayal at aricent.com
Fri Apr 13 16:12:46 CEST 2012

Hi,

The load-tester plugin looks like uses a fixed set of credentials (mainly used for stress testing with some sample credentials).
In our test, we have thousands of terminals simulated in a Linux machine running charon, and each terminal or initiator is having a unique IP address with a different certificate.

Is there a way to fix the Charon crashes/unstability in this scenario, or is the load-tester plugin the only way to proceed ?

Thanks,
Munish