[strongSwan-dev] kernel SPD/SAD tool

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Mon May 30 11:50:21 CEST 2011

Hi Ido,

strongSwan manages the kernel SPD/SAD via the XFRM Netlink kernel
interface. The built-in "ipsec statusall" command can be used to
monitor the established IPsec SAs but if you want to see all the
details you can also use "setkey" or "ip xfrm state|policy".

If you manipulate SPD/SAD entries via "setkey" or "ip xfrm" then you
are on your own since strongSwan will not be aware of any such changes.

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)