[strongSwan-dev] [Patch] support dynamic IP adresses

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Mon Aug 29 10:12:51 CEST 2011

Hi Mirko,

I finally had a chance to look at your patch, sorry that it took that
long.

> Please comment, and consider for inclusion in strongSwan.

The patch looks fine, might be a little more complicated than required,
though:

> +               char            *dnsname;
> +               bool            has_dnsname;

Using "host" as member is probably easier, as it refers to the KW_HOST
keyword. The has_dnsname attribute could be eliminated by just setting
dnsname/host to NULL(?).

> -       plog("# bad addr: %s=%s [%s]", name, value, ugh);
> -       if (streq(ugh, "does not look numeric and name lookup failed"))
> -       {
> -               end->dns_failed = TRUE;

I think it would be a good idea to accept name resolution failures and
just pass on the DNS name to charon. This would allow us to use the
connection even if the name is not resolvable during startup.

I've attached a patch containing these modifications. I'll push it if it
looks fine to you.