[strongSwan-dev] Getting a trigger from strongswan

Salil Agrawal salil.a at newnet.com
Fri Aug 19 12:15:07 CEST 2011

Hi,

We are trying to use strongswan in one of our application for the IKEv2 purpose, our application would be running in separate process which will communicate the key to the strongswan daemon at one side and on the other side application would receive the trigger and will confirm the key.

Our problems are -

1.       How to send the trigger from application to the strongswan, is there a way other then cli if yes can someone point the location of the code.

2.       At the receiver end we like to have a trigger before IKE procedure is completed, actually we would like to confirm some private information (vendor specific) about the originator and would like to send the confirm to the strongswan which can then complete the IKEv2 procedure. As the receiver is a server so we want a unsolicited trigger from strongswan towards application if we have such capability then please explain where can I look for it.

3.       Once the procedure is completed we would like to have a confirm (reject in case of error) on both sender and receiver so that we can complete our state machine.

Regards,
Salil