[strongSwan-dev] IPsec & mobility

Gabriel Ganne gabriel.ganne at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 10:27:36 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am testing IKEv2 mobility performance, in tunnel mode, during an FTP
transfer over TCP, and I have the following problem :

If I do an ftp command ( ls ), then change interface and shut down the one
previously used , then re-ls, everything seems to work fine : the policies
have been updated correctly, and the connection is working through the new
interface.

Now, if I begin a big ftp transfer (5Go) and do the same mobility operation
as before, then the connection is stalled. The policies still are changed
correctly, and the informational messages are sent. There just is no more
ftp data sent.

Any Idea why this is happening ?

I am using strongswan 4.5.3 on both ends.
My configuration is similar to the one in ikev2/mobike-virtual-ip in the
wiki.
I am using lftp as a ftp client and tnftpd for the server, both in their
default configuration.
Client is a fedora 15 lovelock, with linux 2.6.39
Server is an Ubuntu server 10.04, with linux 2.6.39

Gabriel Ganne