[strongSwan-dev] load-tester plugin modification

k8k awmn k8k.awmn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 12:42:35 CEST 2011

Hi,

I saw this thread and I have some questions.

>Load-tester can't generate application traffic itself. But it can
>establish regular IPsec tunnels where you can run any benchmarking tool
>on it.*
*I really wonder how is this possible. At least, I have never managed
to send any traffic over the tunnels created by load-tester.**In
addition, the output of ipsec statusall indicates that there are no
security associations established.

>Should be no problem to run an iperf instance on each negotiated
>load-tester tunnel. Just make sure you use the correct addresses.
With load-tester pluggin we are not able to configure the TSr as we do
with ipsec.conf and rightsubnet parameter.
What I see with load-tester is that TSr is by default the remote IP
address (as it is defined in strongswan.conf).

So even if the tunnels created by load-tester can have traffic, for
each one we need to have separate TSr in order to support concurrent
traffic for all the established tunnels.
Right?

>Regards
>Martin

regards