[strongSwan-dev] Embedded application integration - best practice

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Mon Mar 8 15:36:16 CET 2010

Hi,

> adding configuration support would require significant effort.

Depending on the requirements of your plugin, writing a configuration
plugin as initiator is not that complex, just create the required
configurations and pass them to the controller. As a responder, provide
them via backend_t.

> Stroke socket API would provide all that I need [...]

> do you see this ever becoming a public API at some point in the
> future?

No. As said, the stroke socket format is designed to be compatible with
ipsec.conf and give as much compatibility with pluto as possible. But it
does not provide the full functionality of the IKEv2 protocol or the
charon daemon.