[strongSwan-dev] development

Suresh Kumar sureshkumarr.s at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 20:49:56 CEST 2010

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the information.
Now i have little understanding on the arch.
I have configured two linux hosts on IKEv1 based host- host tunnel (referred
the sample config from strongswan website)

>ipsec start
src file : src/starter/starter.c
this file internally calls the  pluto process( plutomain.c). plutomain.c
initializes the ipsec protocols for IKEv1.

>ipsec up <connection-name>
I am not sure , which file is doing the connection management.

But internally i understand src/pluto/ipsec_doi.c functions are used for the
IKEv1 transcations.

Which is the source file calls the IKEv1 functions (ipsec_doi functions) for
establish the IKEv1 based IPSEC tunnel?

Can you please give some light on this.

thanks
suresh