[Announce] Windows 7 and strongSwan interoperability using IKEv2

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Tue Jan 20 07:53:21 CET 2009

Hi,

using the "Agile VPN" functionality of Microsoft's Windows 7 Beta
release we were able to set up an IPsec connection with a strongSwan
VPN gateway using the IKEv2 protocol. Have a look at our Windows 7
interoperability HOWTO that we started to create today

  http://wiki.strongswan.org/wiki/Windows7

and see how simple a remote-access VPN setup in a mixed Windows / Linux
environment has become!

Windows 7 also supports the MOBIKE (RFC 4555) mobility and multi-homing
protocol but we haven't tested this feature yet.

Best regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org

CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)