[Announce] ANNOUNCE: strongswan-4.2.5 released
andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Mon Jul 28 06:19:38 CEST 2008
the latest strongSwan 4.2.5 release is available from
and contains a number of minor improvements and bug fixes:
- Consistent logging of IKE and CHILD SAs at the audit (AUD) level.
- Improved the performance of the SQL-based virtual IP address pool
by introducing an additional addresses table. The leases table
storing only history information has become optional and can be
disabled by setting charon.plugins.sql.lease_history = no in
- The XFRM_STATE_AF_UNSPEC flag added to xfrm.h allows IPv4-over-IPv6
and IPv6-over-IPv4 tunnels with the 2.6.26 and later Linux kernels.
- management of different virtual IP pools for different
network interfaces have become possible.
- fixed a bug which prevented the assignment of more than 256
virtual IP addresses from a pool managed by an sql database.
- fixed a bug which did not delete own IPCOMP SAs in the kernel.
Martin Willi Andreas Steffen
IKEv2 Software Architect strongSwan Project Leader
Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
strongSwan - the Linux VPN Solution! www.strongswan.org
Institute for Internet Technologies and Applications
University of Applied Sciences Rapperswil
CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)
More information about the Announce