[Announce] ANNOUNCE: strongswan-4.2.10 released
andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Tue Dec 30 23:29:24 CET 2008
we are happy to announce a new release right on the last the day of
the old year. strongswan-4.2.10 offers the following improvements:
- Several performance improvements to handle thousands of tunnels
with almost linear upscaling. All relevant data structures have
been replaced by faster equivalents with better lookup times.
- Better parallelization to run charon on multiple cores. Due to
improved ressource locking and other optimizations the daemon can
take full advantage of 16 or even more cores.
- The load-tester plugin can use a NULL Diffie-Hellman group and
simulate unique identities and certificates by signing peer
certificates using a CA on the fly.
- The redesigned volatile in-memory virtual IP pool now handles leases.
The "ipsec leases" command queries assigned leases.
- Added support for smartcards in charon by using the ENGINE API
provided by OpenSSL, based on patches by Michael Roßberg.
- The Padlock plugin supports the hardware RNG found on VIA CPUs
to provide a reliable source of randomness.
The strongSwan team wishes you a Happy New Year!
Tobias Brunner, Martin Willi, and Andreas Steffen
Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
strongSwan - the Linux VPN Solution! www.strongswan.org
Institute for Internet Technologies and Applications
University of Applied Sciences Rapperswil
CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)
More information about the Announce