[strongSwan] Intermittent drop-out of VPN connection

Noel Kuntze noel.kuntze at thermi.consulting
Sat Oct 17 15:35:07 CEST 2020

Hi,

Configure your own side with lower reauth and rekey times than the other peer.
Currently the other peer tries to reauth which fails because you're using the insecure aggressive mode. strongSwan by default rejects other peers' authentication requests if they're using aggressive mode.
A reauthentication is basically creating a new IKE_SA from scratch, so that behavior applies.

Just configure your client with lower rekey and reauth times. That's simpler than globally enabling aggressive mode.

Kind regards

Noel