[strongSwan] Does dpd_delay make charon.keep_alive unnecessary?

Glen Huang heyhgl at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 09:16:58 CET 2019

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

> NAT keepalives are sent only by initiators

In my case, the server also sends NAT keepalives, but it does live behind NAT. So I guess NAT keepalives maybe send by either side as long as it's NATed?

BTW, it also got me thinking, maybe it’s a bad idea to put server behind NAT? I did that by putting server the inside docker, and used --cap-add NET_ADMIN as per the doc’s recommendation. Maybe I should use --net host to eliminate NAT to get better performance?