[strongSwan] having issue while establishing tunnel with public key authentication mode

Yogesh Purohit yogeshpurohit2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 13:08:03 CET 2019

Hi,

I have two ends of site to site VPN where both are configured with
strongswan and version IKEv1.
I am using public key authentication mode.

So I have assigned two IP's on each end and using same server certificate
to form two site tunnels using linux m/c.

Machine1------ IP1          .................................
IP1---------Machine2
Machine1------ IP2          .................................
IP2---------Machine2

So I am trying to form two tunnels between two machines using two IP
interface.

Now when I start tunnel initiation from Machine 1.

Only one tunnel stays up.
I went through log and observed that: firstly one tunnel is established
then while creating second tunnel initiator receives Delete payload for the
first established tunnel from the responder.
Hence I only find one tunnel up and running while second stays in down
state.

LeftID and RightID are configured same for both the sites as I am using
same server certificate for both the sites on both the machines.

Is it normal behavior of strongswan, that we can establish only one tunnel
at a time on the same machine using same certificate(RSA) ?
Or what is the expected behavior in this case ?

--
Best Regards,

Yogesh Purohit