[strongSwan] vpn connection brings down local connections

Chris Purves chris at northfolk.ca
Mon Mar 26 19:42:46 CEST 2018

I have a windows client that I want to connect to the gateway and only
the gateway.  The gateway is behind a router (so is the client, for that
matter).  I can connect to the gateway, but once the vpn connection is
made, the gateway is no longer available on the local network.

ipsec.conf:

config setup
         charondebug="ike 1, knl 1, cfg 0"
         uniqueids = no

conn ikev2-vpn
     auto=add
     keyexchange=ikev2
     forceencaps=yes
     dpdaction=clear
     dpddelay=300s
     rekey=no
     left=192.168.200.105
     leftsubnet=0.0.0.0/0
     leftid=@vesuvius.picomole.com
     leftcert=/etc/ipsec.d/certs/vpn-server-cert.pem
     leftsendcert=always
     right=%any
     rightid=%any
     rightauth=eap-mschapv2
     rightsourceip=192.168.200.200/28
     rightsubnet=0.0.0.0/0
     rightsendcert=never
     eap_identity=%identity

--
Chris Purves

"I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of
people." - Sir Isaac Newton