[strongSwan] How to override traffic selectors in swanctl

Felipe Arturo Polanco felipeapolanco at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 22:27:16 CEST 2018

Hi,

I would like to dynamically create connections to multiple IPSec peers
based on a child template.

One missing piece I still have is how to override the traffic selector of a
child connection declared in swanctl.conf

My child connection has this:
remote_ts = dynamic[udp/4789],dynamic[icmp]

I would like to override this local_ts whenever I run:
swanctl --initiate --child myipsec1 --source <local_ip> --remote <peer_ip>

I would like to add a specific subnet that is accessible through my peer,
the equivalent ts would be like this:
remote_ts = dynamic[udp/4789],dynamic[icmp],172.16.35.0/24

I do have dozens of peers and each has a specific subnet behind them.

Is there any way of specifying/modifying the traffic selector of a
connection child to achieve this?

Thanks,