[strongSwan] How to select a specific conn

Robert Dahlem Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net
Fri Dec 28 19:08:40 CET 2018

I found something out myself: if you have rightid=someusername on the
server and a matching leftid=someusername then the server prefers the
matching connection. I will have to investigate a bit more about the
(apparently) undocumented matching mechanism, but it looks like the way
to go.

Unfortunately it seems like you can do something like
rightid=someusername only with a strongSwan client, not with the native
Android or iOS clients. The strongSwan app only does IKEv2, so it
doesn't apply anyway.

Kind regards,
Regards