[strongSwan] Problem: "unable to install policy -the same policy for reqid XXXX exists "

Felipe Arturo Polanco felipeapolanco at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 16:47:42 CET 2018

Hi Sven,

You can try to manually specify the reqid in your ipsec.conf file, as per
your log messages a second CHILD_SA is trying to install the same traffic
selectors as a previous CHILD_SA.

Also I believe there is a 'unique=yes' option that should reuse the same
previously assigned reqid and prevent the creation of multiple CHILD_SA
that may conflict with each other.